The project “Qualification Map of Ukraine" is aimed at developing a national forecasting system in the labor market.
Ukraine's economy needs the development of forecasting of forward-looking demand, supply and imbalance of educated and skilled labor, based on the integrated use of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
The formation of the system of prediction of skills in Ukraine should take place on a base;
- improving the interaction and coordination of key institutions and stakeholders;
- strengthening the capabilities of key stakeholders in the system of coordination and prediction skills;
- use of the results of prediction skills in the decision-making process (politicians, individuals, companies ...);
- development of a survey methodology for employers at sectoral and regional levels;
- forecasting the level of employment (taking into account cross-sectoral occupations), the gender-age structure of workers for qualifications and the expected demand for replacement;
- forecast imbalance on the basis of demand data and supply of labor according to types of economic activity;
- improvement of the Barometer of Occupations on the basis of vacancy analysis (State Employment Service and information on various vacancy websites);
- creating a virtual platform for familiarizing consumers with the results of matching and forecasting skills;
- specification of changes in the requirements in the professions / qualifications associated with the introduction of new technologies and equipment upgrades;
- identification of the impact of demographic factors on the professional structure and future needs in professions / qualifications.
The project "Qualification Map of Ukraine" is aimed at supporting the course of decentralization of power in Ukraine.
Decentralization of power in Ukraine puts local authorities new challenges and challenges related to the effective development of the region.
One of these challenges is the management of the training system for professional staff for the needs of the state as a whole and the region in particular on the basis of the regional network of institutions of vocational education, the transfer of which funding from 2016 transferred to local budgets.
Local authorities should make well-grounded, informed decisions on the volume of training of qualified specialists, their geographical location on the territory of the region, on the amount of financing of the regional order for the training of skilled workers for the relevant year.
The "Qualification Map of Ukraine" project is a unique resource that analyses:
- the structure of the employed population in the region's economy, the need to replace the labor force dropping out of enterprises, and the structure of the unemployed population applying to the employment service;
- the system of vocational education and the structure of the issue of labor personnel by all vocational schools in the oblast;
- information for the purpose of substantiation of a regional state order for financing of training of labor personnel in the network of vocational schools of the region;
- the correspondence of each profession to the needs of the labor market and the opportunities for training by the system of vocational education of the region.
On the basis of the information placed on the "Qualification Map of Ukraine" it is possible:
- to forecast the needs of skilled workers in the region;
- to see the structure of the issue of graduates of vocational education institutions and to bring it in line with the needs for replacing the personnel of the regional enterprises;
- to form indicators of a regional order for the training of professional staff for the needs of the region's economy.
The project "Qualification map of Ukraine" will allow in the future:
- develop and test the labor force demand analysis methodology, aimed at involving key stakeholders (stakeholders) in the process of developing a system for forecasting skills at the national level;
- strengthen coordination and communication among key stakeholders to ensure better understanding, interpretation and use of results;
- consolidate research activities, methodological developments, expert discussions to provide a coherent system of forecasting of occupations / qualifications;
- improve the information provision of the labor market through the use of various sources of information (administrative data, alternative macroeconomic forecasts, "big data" in vacancies, sectoral surveys, regional surveys) and provision of relevant information to improve strategic and tactical planning in vocational education;
- develop effective methods for adapting the results of forecasting to stakeholders, presenting results to users.